An Old Farmer's Advice:
- Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
- Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
- Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
- Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
- Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
- It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- You cannot unsay a cruel word.
- Every path has a few puddles.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
- Don't judge folks by their relatives.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
- Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
- Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
- The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
- Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
- If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
- Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Rough year in saying GOODBYE.
With January 2nd, 2015 we said goodbye to our brother in law, Butch Winke., my sister’s husband. So ending this year with the passing of Larry’s Uncle Darwin Wagner.
We have had many friends that have passed this year. Leaving us with an empty spot in our hearts for their friendship. For you the family we are saddened at their passing, and we do miss them.
I have just watched the movie, Heaven is Real, based on a true story about an very young boy that visited heaven while he was undergoing surgery. It does give some feeling of Heaven and what is there. The hope from the love of the Lord, will have all of us see all that Heaven is. Watch the movie or read the book. “Heaven is Real.
So all in all, how was our conversation? I hope you enjoyed it. I know I have enjoyed sharing with you. Coffee is now done, so off to get another cup. Have a great 2016 and hope we can continue this conversation together.
Till next time, this is Becky Litterer from Becky's Greenhouse Dougherty