Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake
Recipe By:Sue Walker
"Wonderful white coffee cake is topped with fresh strawberry and crumb topping."
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
2. Beat 1/4 cup butter in a bowl until creamy; add 3/4 cup sugar and egg. Beat until fully incorporated.
3. Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture, alternating with milk, into butter mixture until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Arrange strawberries atop the batter.
4. Mix 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and coconut together in a bowl. Sprinkle topping over strawberries.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Till next time, this is Becky Litterer from Becky's Greenhouse, Dougherty Iowa